Zip Lining in the Mountains

During fall break my family and our family friends went to Asheville. While we were there we went zip lining. It was something that I will never forget.

We didn’t do the full seven zips because not everyone was old enough. By the way a zip is is one of the actual zip lines. When you looked above us you could see other people zip lining and since they were above us that meant they were really high.

Before we actually started zip lining we had to put on some gear. The thing that connects to the zip line was called a trolley. We were also hooked in so we didn’t fall. Here is some of the gear we had to put on.

To get to the zip line after we put  on our gear we got in a really cool van. Yes it wasn’t a mini van it was a van. I’m pretty sure it could hold twelve people because there were eight of us going zip lining then there were two instructors and the driver. The ride up was pretty bumpy but eventually we made it to the start.

After they told us how to do it.  Then finally we got to start. Since our brothers weren’t that heavy they had to sit on the instructors lap. The instructors had to go first and last. My brother was a little sad because he had to go last and didn’t go with his friends. The first zip wasn’t to long it was just introducing us to zip lining. But it was still really fun. The second zip was a lot more fun. We went farther and we crossed a some stream. So you could look down and you would see a stream. The last zip was also fun it was so long you couldn’t see the other person at the end. There wasn’t anything to interesting on that zip.

Once everyone got across we had to get down from the platform we were on. To get down we had get attached to this line. Then we had to basically free fall. They said we had to go pretty far away from platform. We also had to hold the line up high and not pull down on it. So my brother went first and was fine then my friend went. Then it was my turn. I didn’t really understand it. So I just walked off the platform out. The sensation reminds me of the roller coasters with the drops. Then it was my dads turn. He fell on his butt on the platform. But the second time he made it down safely.

Then we had to walk back to our car.