My First Giant

To do a giant is very difficult. It takes lots of drills. Drills are basically different things that will help you get certain skills. Skills are the things that get you different points. There is a drill for a giant called a flat front. A flat front is when you put your hands on the floor bar and you do a handstand and fall to your stomach.  A floor bar is basically just a bar that gos on the ground. There is about four steps before you can actually do a giant.

Step one. The first step is to start doing baby giants.  This is how to do it. You cast away from the bar. Then all you do is swing your body around.  Then you end up on the bar.

Step two is to start learning teenage giants with a spot. A teenage giant is not that much different from the baby giant. Except at first you will want you will want to be spotted.  The only difference from the baby giant to the teenage giant is that you don’t end up on the bar this time. Your coach will basically just make sure that at first you don’t land on the bar. They will probably catch you and pull you to make sure you don’t hit your hips. Then you will start to get used to it. You will probably get closer and closer to a real giant each time.

Your final step is a giant. A giant is basically a handstand on the bar and you swing back around to handstand. At the end of this post there is a video of me doing it. At first you will most likely get a spot from your coach and it will probably be on the pit bar. That is a bar that is over the pit so that it is safer to fall. For your first few days of practicing them you will probably need a coach to pull you over the bar. Then as you get used to it you will be able to do it by yourself. Don’t forget to click on the link below!

I hope that if you are a gymnast or anyone else that this will help you understand what a giant is a little bit more. I hope you will be able to see my next post.

2 thoughts on “My First Giant

1. Even tho I don’t now how to do that i still learned a lot.i like the photo you chose of a giant. I learn what a giant looks like 💕

2. Wow Lucy! That was so so good. I wish i new how to do a giant. It seems really fun and cool thanks for sharing about how to do a giant!